16 June 2009

The Eyes in the Pit

Whenever I smoked the peace pipe, my mind would settle as I focused on the inhaling and exhaling. The smoothness and the the roughness of the smoke in my lungs reminding me I was alive and not dreaming. Many times my nightmare's were premonitions of the future, but so were my dreams. The one that frightened me the most was the one that started out with me looking into a deep, dark, bottomless pit.
I stared so long I got the sensation that I was falling in or that it was rushing up to consume me. Then deep in the pit these eyes of fire would burn black. It was like they are trying to draw me in to consume me or have me draw it out. I knew this creature would destroy the world unless it was contained. In this game, though, I would just be a pawn, not any knight or king.
In the dream the beast gave me an image of its apearance and appetite. It looked human, two arms, two legs, head, hands, it had every piece. It's form would change though, match whoever it was looking at; down to every slight blemish or imperfection. It's image was beautiful yet horrifying, both existing side by side. There was a sign that always gave it away, one eye was red around the dark center and the other was green. Sometimes its teeth would all be sharp like a cat's or a shark's, other times it had fangs like a snake's. It's hands were incorporeal, able to reach inside of people and twist them up. The most frightening feature was it's voice. The voice that sounded like a trusting child, yet leaving the image of a spider whose fangs were wet with poison just before it attacks. All together an unwholesome beast that would surely bring about the destruction of the world.
Towards the end of this dream I saw through the mist the way to defeat it. I couldn't be completley sure, but it was a small group of people surrounding the beast, radiating light. the were speaking words directly to it in a gentle and loving way. What could this mean?

No comments:

Search This Blog